Scope and future of Hospitality Management
Hospitality is one of the fastest growing industries in the world today. Hotels, events, travel and tourism, luxury services, food services and other related segments fall under hospitality management. Among all these sectors, travel and tourism are the largest contributors to the world economy.
Let’s cut to the chase and find out what hospitality management is.
WHAT IS HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT?
Hospitality management, as the name suggests, is the study of the hospitality industry. Owing to its presence in diverse sectors, a degree in hospitality management presents a wide range of choices for students, in terms of the sector they want to work in. If you are planning to take up a hospitality course, this article will help you weigh your choices better.
COURSES IN HOSPITALITY MANAGEMENT
Owing to the varied segments of hospitality management, there is a range of hospitality courses offered by colleges to specialize in. Some of the courses that you can pursue to become a hospitality management professional are:
- Tourism Management
- Global Tourism Management
- Resort and Hotel Management
- Advanced Studies in International Hotel Management
- International Hotel Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management Co-op
- Hospitality – Hotel Operations Management
- International Year One – Global Tourism Management
- Hotel and Food Administration
- International Year One – International Hotel Management
- Hospitality and Tourism Management (Honours)